Imagine my surprise a couple weeks ago, when I came across this book:
I remembered this one from my own childhood: my Nana had it at her house! Of course I had to borrow it, just to see how the boys would like it. Big B loved it and had the whole book nearly memorized in a few days! It is great to find these classic books that we can borrow and read for free. We've found the original Curious George books at this library, as well as Harold and the Purple Crayon, Where the Wild Things Are, and, of course, many, many truck books!
It is a happy thing to be able to visit our local library branch and to expose the boys to reading at such a young age. We all love the story hour, as this gives us a chance to interact with the boys outside of home and also to meet local families with children around the same age as ours. We haven't taken advantage of everything the local library has to offer, but hopefully in the future we'll be able to.

No comments:
Post a Comment