A Tuesday at home in January 2019
Early in the morning, baby girl practices her sitting
Finishing up some homework before school
We snuggle while brothers make a total wreck of the house
Disaster-space
Send the boys upstairs to clean the playroom, and I tackle the dishes
Then I pull everything out of the panty to do a reorganization. I'm not really sure what I was thinking, as the bus will be coming at any moment!
Take a quick break to switch over the laundry
Meanwhile, this girl is playing independently in her exer-saucer and letting Mama have two free hands to put all the food back in the pantry closet.
Finished! Just in time, too!
We bundle up and head outside to catch the bus
Someone wants to bring their bike over the snow mountains
Once the big boys are on the bus, we head back inside and I start the second part of my project: organizing the spice and tea cabinet
I'm distracted for a while when this girl decides to take a morning nap.
No pictures of the finished product, but I did get everything put away before...
... we head to the library for toddler story hour!
No pictures from the actual event, but we listened to stories, sang songs, counted, and made a craft. Little J was a good participant this week!
At home, Little J becomes the "Red Power Ranger" with his "Ninja Star" while I get ready for lunch.
He is very proud of his snowman craft that he colored and glued today.
Lunch is a sandwich for Little J, and the bread bag for CC
We got some new books from the library to read before nap time. The "Fruit Alphabet" book is incredible!
Little J naps, so CC and I watch "Downton Abbey" while I try to get her to sleep again. (She doesn't sleep)
We take some delayed 7-month photos instead. Such a happy girl!
Showing off her sitting skills
Little J wants to try his hand at photography, too!
We look out the window and see that the snow has started falling! We are expecting to get 3-6" overnight (final amount was closer to 3" in the end).
CC scoots around the house...
J gets out some cars to play with...
And I update the baby book while we wait for the big boys to come home.
Once the big boys get off the bus, Big B, CC and I immediately jump into the car and brave the winds on our way to the orthodontist!
After the appointment, it's time for some screens before dinner (and the only photo I got of L all day!).
Dinner is cooking, so we snack on carrots and hummus and discuss our days.
Post-dinner, blurry baby dive-bombing the camera
We watch some Anthony Bourdain on Netflix-- I think he was in Singapore during this episode.
Again with the exer-saucer, singing at the top of her lungs.
Snuggle time with Daddy
What was meant to be snuggles disintegrated into tired crying (who knew that a baby without naps would be cranky?!?)
J takes the first shift with baby CC, and I head upstairs to read Harry Potter to the boys.
Laundry is folded and ready to be put away tomorrow. Goodnight, DITL! See you in February.
No comments:
Post a Comment