I'm already planning a number of 'tricks' to pull out this summer when the heat has us all uncomfortable and lethargic. We tried out one a couple weeks ago, and I can see it being a blast for the boys every time.
It was time for water play!
Playing in water is fun for everyone and, if you're lucky, you can sneak some 'learning' in there as well. For example, Big B carefully practiced transferring water from a large container into a smaller one:
He also watered our rose bush, which has since bloomed with small, pink roses:
Little L had lots of fun playing, but I think we had some learning time in there as well!
Water goes through a mesh strainer, but stays in a measuring cup.
Splashing in the bowl was probably the best part for both boys!
I loved how this activity could be geared for either age but also that the boys had lots of fun playing together in the water. It's not often that they will share a bowl of anything without fighting and screaming.
Of course, we had to finish off the hot spring day with a popsicle. It was B's first, and he really enjoyed it!
Here's to a happy (and wet) summer! What activities are you planning?










Big B made me want a popsicle. I'll have to be satisfied with an ice cream sandwich.
ReplyDeleteOooh, ice cream sandwiches are a good idea! B has never had one of those either (but he has had banana splits...) Sounds yummy!
Delete