Thursday, May 10, 2012

A climber!

Little L has been reaching milestones by leaps and bounds. He has successfully figured out going up AND down stairs, which makes our lives much easier. We no longer have to hover over him if he heads for the stairs and be worried that he will take a tumble.
He's been trying to 'jump' for a couple weeks now, with no success. We're not entirely certain if he's trying to leap from the floor or rather showing off his awesome dance skills.


With the jumping and the navigating stairs has also come climbing. L loves to climb. He loves to be able to get up and reach things that previously were unattainable.
Crawled up onto the boys' picnic table in search of a drink

Found some tasty animal crackers!

Mmm.

While I don't mind the crawling up and down stairs or the reaching on tiptoe for the pan containing dinner (much), I really don't like L's climbing on the outside play furniture. I can just imagine him stepping off one edge and taking a nasty spill. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before that happens. 
I am trying to be vigilant about preventing such climbs, and removing him from temptation whenever possible, but at some point it becomes a photo opportunity. I'm sure if either B or L ever successfully navigates to the top of the refrigerator (as one of their uncles did as a child), I'll make certain they're safe and also snap a photo to commemorate!


No comments:

Post a Comment