It's not every day that you turn seven, so I thought we should document with a DITL!
We decorated late at night after the boys went to sleep, hanging streamers and setting out presents.
The boys are awake very early, and peek around the corner to spy the surprises!
Putting on the birthday crown.
A tradition: Cake for breakfast!
This year, L wanted to have an ice cream cake (two layers) made with mint chocolate chip sandwiches and homemade whipped cream colored green and blue-- plus crushed mint Oreos to top everything off.
Brothers love having cake for breakfast!
It was pretty tasty, too.
We move on to opening cards and gifts before starting our usual morning routine.
Before we leave, we have to test out the new bike of course!
And J wanted to play with the streamers
Get the big boys on the bus and little J dropped off at daycare.
Listening to this audiobook during my commute
I'm late for a meeting; Running across the parking lot
Once the meeting is over, head back to the office. The wind is still pretty cold.
At the end of the day, I head to a new class to observe/evaluate the faculty. I take lots of notes so that I can give her (hopefully) helpful feedback.
When I arrive home, I have just enough time to switch the laundry into the dryer before...
... Boys are home!
Another perk of being the birthday boy-- deciding what to eat for dinner! L's request this year-- "Chinese food chicken. And dumplings."
Delicious!
More cake and singing for dessert
J and I snuggle for a brief moment on the couch
Pajama time!
Daddy reads from Percy Jackson & the Olympians while Olive keeps watch over her boys.
























No comments:
Post a Comment