I've set a goal for 65 books read in 2021, and I think I'm off to a good start!
Actual Books:
1. Spinning Silver, Naomi Novik. I liked the other book Uprooted better, but this one was good too.
2. Sullivan's Island, Dorothea Benton Frank. On the recommendation of Jake's grandmother. Ok.
3. Blindness, Jose Saramago. Where the entire population (barring one woman) goes blind and how society crumbles.
4. The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser, and the Wardrobe, Angela Kelly. Nice to see images and read how fabrics are sourced. Otherwise, not a whole lot of new information.
5. The Vikings: a History, Robert Ferguson. A textbook on Anglo-Saxon England and Norse/Swedish raiding and conquest
6. Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family, Robert Kolker. A family where 50% of the siblings developed schizophrenia in the mid-20th century.
7. The Last Kingdom, Bernard Cornwell. Because I watched the Netflix series
8. Restart, Gordon Korman. On the recommendation of Ben. A boy falls off a roof and develops amnesia. Turns out he was pretty rotten before he hit his head, so he's been given the chance to 'restart'
9. The Black Jewels Trilogy, Anne Bishop. Again.
10. They Came Like Swallows, William Maxwell. A boy experiencing the outcomes of the 1918 flu pandemic
11. The Case of the Frozen Addicts, William J. Langston. A Christmas present
12. The Pale Horseman, Bernard Cornwell. Book 2 of The Saxon Stories. Won't be getting the next in the series because they are pretty repetitive.
13. The Historian, Elizabeth Kostova. Borrowed from Desiree. Couldn't put it down!
14. The Coldest Winter Ever, Sister Souljah. A first-person perspective of the drug trade in inner-NYC and the ramifications on women and girls who take the fall for the men involved. Good descriptions of fashion and culture of the late 1990s, then got very sermon-like at the end.
15. The Starless Sea, Erin Morgenstern. On a recommended book list and I LOVED it. Another one I couldn't put down!
Books read to Boys:
16. Enchanter's End Game, David Eddings. Finished The Belgariad series in January, moving on to a new one!
17. The Magician's Nephew, C.S. Lewis. Book one of The Chronicles of Narnia
18. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis. Book two of The Chronicles of Narnia
Off to a good start for 2021!
At the end of Quarter 1 in:
2016, I read: 11 (included April); 2017, I read: 11; 2018, I read: 14; 2019, I read: 11; 2020, I read: 13
In 2017, I read 55 books through the year.
In 2018, I read 70 books through the year.
In 2019, I read 57 books through the year.
In 2020, I read 61 books through the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment