Saturday, May 1, 2021

2021 April DITL: Last Possible Moment


A DITL on the last Friday in April 2021. 

I almost missed this month, so I'm glad I took pictures on the 30th!

 
First up, breakfast for everyone.


Daddy attempts some stretching, but is attacked by the Pepper Monster.

 
Super J practices his ninja skills and Sister CC photobombs my photo of Pepper (CC scraped her nose after jumping off a dirt pile at the farm last weekend).

 
Waiting for the bus to arrive.


Pepper helps me do laundry before we head out on our morning walk.

 
Time for chores and emails in the morning.


And clean up the whole house before...


Jake and I head out on our adventure! He had a suddenly announced virtual day, so he created some asynchronous assignments for his students and we head to the grocery store.


We may also have stopped by Orchard Tavern West on our way home.

 
Groceries and a silly dog before lunchtime. 

 
Jake takes a nap while I work some more and check the daily COVID stats for Albany County.

 
Big B comes home and 45 minutes later, we head outside to wait for the elementary bus.


Pick up CC from daycare, the school kids get showered, and the littles have a snack of apple slices with peanut butter. CC wears a bandana for no apparent reason.


Little L, upside down for no apparent reason.

 
First there is the chaos, then there is the silence of screen times.


It's Friday, which means Daddy bakes some delicious pizza and we have family movie night! 


This week, we are watching The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Big B finished reading the book, so we thought the movie might be fun viewing for all. All four kids abandoned the adults mid-way through. 

We lure them back with tasty dessert treats.

 
We head upstairs to brush teeth and read some more of our current chapter book.


We are on Book 4 of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and so far the middles are liking it! Big B reads his own books and Sister CC just makes noise, so 50% is good enough.



Kids go to sleep, I journal, and we both read for a while before lights out.
Good night, DITL! See you in May, hopefully before the last possible moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment