Friday, May 28, 2021

2021 May DITL: A "normal" Tuesday in Spring

 

This day represents as close to "normal" as it gets in our house! It's an extra-special day too, because Daddy took the day off and got to hang out with me.

The oldest and youngest are up first and have their breakfasts.  

Soon they are joined by L, but he only wants to pet the puppy. 

I make three lunches, because none of the boys like the Tuesday hot lunch option at school. 

B, off to middle school!

Super J is awake too, and is looking for opportunities to help around the house to earn "clip ups".

I set him up folding some laundry and head to do household chores myself. 

 
While CC and Daddy shower, I lay out clean clothes and. make up her bed. 

Also tidy B's room and collect dirty laundry. 

L practices piano.

Soon it's time to head outside and wait for the bus. Boys practice basketball for a few minutes.

Bye, boys! Have a great day at school!

We take Pepper for a walk and I check my schedule for the day. 

 
I have enough time to hang out the laundry before diving into work. We also have a few minutes to quickly plant the seedlings we got from the Cornell Co-Op extension on Sunday-- looking forward to growing basil and cherry tomatoes in pots this summer!

 
I work on a syllabus for the fall semester, and respond to approximately 200 emails. Then I have two back-to-back meetings.

Jake and I head out on a couple errands.

We are out during the lunch hour and decide to check out this restaurant (Afghani). It was DELICIOUS!

 
On our way home, we stop at the grocery for batteries and bananas. 

Then to the library to pick up a couple books I have reserved. I actually got to walk inside this week-- the first day they were letting patrons enter! So nice. 

Jake takes some time to work on his own projects, so I sit and embroider a little.

Very soon after, the children arrive home from school and head outside to play!

We pick up CC from daycare and she heads to the backyard to pet Pepper.

And we play in her "house"

Mrs Rice comes to our house for piano lessons with the boys

Then there is the silence of screen time!

Daddy makes dinner

And after dinner and cleanup, we all retreat to our various spots and de-compress. 

Pepper watches me make coffee for tomorrow. 

And it seems that this is where I set down my phone and forgot to pick it up again! You miss the bedtime chaos, brushing teeth, reading books, and snuggles. After a (fairly) restful night's sleep, we get up to do it all over again. 

See you in June, DITL!

No comments:

Post a Comment