Friday, May 27, 2022

2022 May DITL: Summer Course and 5th Grade Fine Arts Night

 

It is the end of May... time for final concerts and summer term classes!

 
Kids have cereal for breakfast

Lunches are made and packed

 
Laundry is sorted and the basket turns into a boat

Sis needs help putting on her socks and shoes

Today is "H for Hat" day at the elementary school. We are completing the A-B-C countdown to summer break! Super J decided to bring his cowboy hat today.

Boys are safely on the bus, and CC carefully buckles her dolly in the seat beside her. Off to daycare!

Drop off CC for her last day at daycare this week (we have a long Memorial Day weekend), and I get straight to work. 

 
I've signed on to teach a summer-term course which is packed into 6 short weeks. I am very busy preparing lectures and writing exam questions every day. 

Class meets for 2 hours Mon-Fri, so it's a very busy time!

Heading home

 
Daddy is home and kids are playing inside/outside/in the basement. 

I corral them together and send them out to the swing set

Every year on May 25th, I've taken the same photo of them on the swings. It's nice to be able to look back and see how much they have grown and changed!

 
Outtakes

I also received some very important mail

No photos from a very early and rushed dinner, because then we head to the 5th grade Fine Arts Night! L is playing trumpet in band and singing as part of the 5th grade chorus.

All the students did a great job!

L's 5th grade artwork on display

Gigi's strawberry-rhubarb pie for dessert! Daddy's favorite.

Post-concert screen time

 
Pick up a prescription before the pharmacy closes

End the night with talking our almost-teen through some troubles
See you in June, DITL!

No comments:

Post a Comment